The Dorset Engineering & Manufacturing Cluster started as a skills forum for businesses that employed apprentices in this sector.
Recognising there was greater scope and opportunity for this network, the cluster has evolved, with a membership of over 300 organisations operating within the engineering and manufacturing sector. The cluster is supported by a steering group of Dorset engineering and manufacturing businesses, local authorities and business support organisations. Recent funding success means the Dorset Engineering & Manufacturing Cluster forms part of a larger project with a scheme now in place to support specific clusters.
The Cluster aims to:
- Help raise the profile of the engineering and manufacturing sector to drive productivity and growth – in Dorset, across the UK and overseas
- Develop supply chain opportunities in order to increase market share
- Provide an opportunity to network and collaborate through a programme of events and workshops
- Support solutions to underpin workforce development, skills, training and apprentice schemes
- Identify ways in which to collaborate with education providers and research organisations in order to drive innovation
- Provide information on access to business support, market intelligence, finance and funding
“In order to enable Dorset companies to collaborate, become more sustainable, deliver to their full potential and be recognised for doing so.”
For further information please contact the Engineering & Manufacturing Cluster Specialist Jayne Codling:
- Call on: 07702 953970
- Website: www.dorsetemc.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @DorsetEmc
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups/8262452
We are a team of manufacturing and business development experts with a mission: to help transform south west manufacturers into world class businesses.
Our unique connections, knowledge and expertise are used in partnership with ambitious manufacturers to help them improve their productivity, develop their capabilities, enter new markets and become leaders in their fields.
We support programmes on behalf of government, local enterprise partnerships and other public sector funders. We design and deliver programmes to support manufacturers in a variety of ways, from targeting key supply chains like nuclear and off shore wind to broader services, developing strategy and improving productivity.
The provision of consultancy and training services, principally for manufactures tackling transformational change, is also part of our operation and is delivered through Exelin our sister company. We provide support to some of the world’s leading manufacturers as well as to many smaller manufacturers, many of which we have long standing relationships.
Please note the announcement from Business Growth Service about its closure