Dorset Business Support and COVID-19
The latest information, support and guidance for your Dorset business
We are here to continue to support you and your business.
How can DGH help?
We are committed to ensuring we help our customers, employees and the Dorset business community in the best ways that we can, by providing up to date and impartial advice, with our phone lines open to help answer your queries no matter how small. We are keeping up to date with Government guidance and support for businesses from BCP Council and Dorset Council, we can point you in the right direction.
We are offering 1-2-1 meetings with our specialists over Zoom, to try and provide a service that’s as close to ‘business as usual’ as possible. Please book here
Online Business Support Events
Although we have postponed our in-person events until further notice, we have launched a series of online events. We will host a webinar every Monday at 12.30pm, Wednesday and Friday morning at 11am via Zoom. There will also be new webinars launching over the coming weeks.
- Monday's Webinar is Dorset & Hampshire HR Forum, in partnership with Aspirin Business and Trinity HR the forums will cover critical people management topics such as managing and engaging staff through the current COVID-19 crisis. This webinar is for HR Managers and SME Business Owners, register here.
- Friday's webinar Support for Dorset Businesses Overcoming COVID-19 Disruption is hosted by Nick Gregory our Programme Manager, who will be answering your questions as well as sharing the latest information, advice and guidance. You can register here.
- Wednesday's webinar is all about Adapting With Digital, to keep you connected online, to keep you interacting with your customers and keeping you and your business running whilst adapting and innovating in new ways of working. Register here
If you are unsure how zoom works, we provide all the information as well as video tutorials once you register.
- Government's Coronavirus Business Support website - includes the latest information on Business Rates, Grants, Job Retention Scheme, SSP, Tax and FAQs.
- British Business Bank - Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- Business Support Helpline (national) - 0300 456 3565
- HMRC tax helpline to help businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Find all the information here. The number is 0800 0159 559.
- FSB guidance for Small Businesses - here
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program - here
- Crowdfunder Pay It Forward - here
- Our Facebook Q&A Forum group is open for you to join, openly ask questions and join conversations with fellow Dorset business people in this challenging time.
We are posting more content and useful resources on our social platforms, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, follow @DorsetGrowthHub