Starting your own business, or becoming self-employed, carries inherent risks. Get it right and the rewards will follow, so it’s worth taking advantage of the advice and information available to minimise the risks and maximise your opportunities.
Our aim here is to help you with the things you should be considering before setting up and provide links to local support that will help you through the process. One of the best places to start is the Business and Self Employed section of the Government funded GOV.UK website. It has a section dedicated to business startup with many resources to help you to produce a personalised checklist of start-up tasks. See also HMRC startup pages which provide valuable advice to avoid problems when starting up and further down the line.
- Learn from the errors others have made
- Here’s how to finance your business
- The Princes Trust provides support people aged 18-30 starting a business
- Search for schemes that can provide one to one support
- See the Top Tips on how to give your business the best possible start
- Use our events and support search facility to find more help with starting up
Driving Rural Enterprise – Dorset growth Hub’s own programme, providing a comprehensive package of support for developing the skills and capability of potential entrepreneurs and newly started businesses to move forward with direction and structure.
Download a complete guide to government’s support for business here. Guide to Business Support Services Feb 19 2016