The Rural Development Programme will help you improve the environment, support your business or promote growth in your local economy.
The Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) is part of the Common Agricultural Policy, and is jointly-funded by the EU and the Government. The schemes will start in 2015, and more information is available here:- https://www.gov.uk/topic/farming-food-grants-payments/rural-grants-payments
The Programme will support 3 main areas:
1) Managing the environment. There will be a new environmental land management scheme. If you’re a farmer, forester or other land manager, you will be able to apply for funding to restore, conserve and enhance our natural environment.
2) Increasing farming and forestry productivity. Around £140 million will be invested to support farming and forestry businesses.
3) Growing the rural economy. Funding will be available to start or grow your business The Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership and LEADER Local Action Groups will be able to fund projects in rural areas on the rural economy and to create jobs
LEADER ACTION GROUPS
The LEADER approach is a well established method of delivering Rural Development Programme funds at a local level. In England this is being delivered by 80 Local Action Groups (LAGs) and it targets rural areas with specific needs and priorities.
The Dorset Local Action Groups bring together people interested in the area. LEADER ensures that it is local knowledge and experience which decides what and where funding would make the most difference. We have been delegated powers of strategy and delivery to identify and address some of the issues raised by our rural communities and businesses.
There are six National LEADER Priorities
- Increase farm productivity
- Increase forest productivity
- Support small and micro businesses and farm diversification
- Boosting rural tourism
- Provide rural services
- Provide cultural and heritage activities
Local Action Group Contacts:
Dorset boasts two LAG’s
Sarah Harbige Northern Dorset Local Action Group LEADER Programme Manager
t: 01305 228699 | email
Ellie Makin, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel; 01305 225525
For more information please click here:- https://dorsetleader.org.uk/ or contact
Dorset LEADER Programme, c/o/ Economy & Enterprise, Dorset County Council, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XJ
Tel: 01305 225525